+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are IT Pros Looking for?

Moderator ContributorNetywork Analysis Master

What are IT Pros Looking for?

In Spiceworks Community, so many IT pros are talking about network problems, looking for advice & expertise and sharing tools and techniques. These are parts of their typical IT pro’s day-in-the-life. Here are some questions they asked below.

1. network monitor
    Hi,

i am working as sysadmin in a IT company.we are using unmanagable switches&i want to monitor the internet usage by the employees in our company.please help me if there is a solution without upgrading switches.

Thanks in advance

source link

2.Syslogs and Traffic Logs from Cisco/Checkpoint
    We are in the need of a good software package that will do both syslogs and traffic log retention. We do not want to spend $10,000 so if any one can suggest a good product that could do both that would be easy to setup.

Thanks!

source link

3.How to monitore users bandwith useg
    How to monitore users bandwith useg without installing any software in there devices

source link

There's no doubt that a good network analyzing tool can help network administrator a lot. I think Colasoft Capsa is such a great tool.

key Fearures
    • Real-time packet capture as well as the ability to save data transmitted over local networks, including wired network and wireless network like
      802.11a/b/g/n;
    • Monitor and save Internet e-mail and instant messaging traffic, helping identify security and confidential data handling violations;
    • Ability to Map the traffic, IP address, and MAC of each host on the network, allowing for easy identification of each host and the traffic that passes through each;
    • Identify "Top Talkers" by monitoring network bandwidth and usage by capturing data packets transmitted over the network and providing summary and decoding information about these packets;
      ...[Learn more from here]

3 editions( Capsa Enterprise, Capsa Professional and Capsa Free) of Capsa can meet IT Pros' different needs. If you are still looking for a good network analyzer, why not give Colasoft Capsa A try?

Showing bandwidth usage for routers and switches

Is there a way to have an end of month report that shows the bandwidth usage per interface for network devices, such as Cisco ASA's, routers, and switches. I tried using the canned reports, and It doesn't provide any information when I run the report. it comes out blank. Any help would be appreciated.

source link
    Colasoft Capsa is a portable network analyzer for both LAN and WLAN performing real-time packet capturing, network monitoring, advanced protocol analysis, in-depth packet decoding, and automatic expert diagnosis.
    http://www.colasoft.com/

Network Bandwidth Monitor

Spiceworks says it can monitor bandwidth between devices. I'm looking to monitor usage between our buildings (switches). How can i do this within spiceworks, or is there another better free tool? Thanks.

source link
    Colasoft Capsa is a portable network analyzer for both LAN and WLAN performing real-time packet capturing, network monitoring, advanced protocol analysis, in-depth packet decoding, and automatic expert diagnosis.

Network Bandwidth Monitors

We are trying to investigate some slowness problems on our network, and were trying to look into some bandwidth monitors. Does anyone have any recommendations?

source link

Monitor Network Users Bandwidth from PC

Hi Guys,

This is my first post with Spiceworks. I'm in a small business enviroment. + - 30 laptops in a lan (no domain). All on windows 7 64bit so it's pretty straight forward.

How will I go about monitoring each user's bandwidth from my laptop? I'm not to keen on deploying an app like Networx onto each laptop one for one. We have one managed 24port switch.

Thanks in advance

source link

The Best Network Monitoring System

Hi Pros,

I would like to know what is the best monitoring system.

I used MRTG (Free ware), PRTG, SolarWinds and Nagios before and wondering what is the best one these days?

Thanks

source link

Q: network monitor of individual

how can i monitor individual bandwidth usage on the same network.

Answer

Q: Network Monitoring Tools (Free or Paid)

Hi guys,

I am looking for a really good set of network monitoring tools that go in-depth and allow for live traffic monitoring of local networks and was wondering if there were any free tools that make that possible? I don't mind paying either and as of now I am using Wireshark which I love, I am just looking for alternatives as well.

Answer

Q: Network traffic monitoring tools

Im currently using solarwinds real-time bandwidth monitor which shows what networks are using what etc but Im looking for some more indepth tools so I can see eactly what IP on my network is using what amount of bandwidth. People streaming media are really affecting our network bandwidth.....

Any info appreciated folks.

Answer

Q: Switch for Troubleshooting

Troubleshooting a headache at a client. Each POS register locks up anywhere from once per two weeks and four times per day. No pattern, no error logs, etc. DSL modem to Netgear Prosafe unmananaged 8-port switch to devices. The problem is always related to debit or credit card transactions. Processor is Mercury and seems rock-solid. POS vendor claims the problem must be in the network or with the ISP.

I've run day-long continuous pings from the server to each register (3). One came out without a single drop, the other two end up with <20 drops in <100k attempts. That number should always be zero. Why not all three though? GRRR.

I've also been running WireShark (and am VERY careful not to capture payload). When they've only seen one freeze with it running and there were no drops (TCP went through a full session gracefully), but the one freeze did see a 4 second delay in response after the handshake. That could be their webserver, an ISP in between, modem, internal LAN, etc.

I have to figure this out. I'm considering putting in a managed or smart switch in hopes of better understanding where the issue(s) lies(lie). Any other suggestions? I'm in the slow process of bringing networking in-house (learning that as I go, have a great contractor).

The only other possibilities I can come up with are malware on one of the machines or something related to a bad NIC (driver, etc) on one of the machines. Seems odd one would work fine, two would have issues. Scratching my head a bit.

Thanks All.

Answer

+ Reply to Thread